Do you want a job or career at Ford Brothers Inc. Auctioneers?
Ford Brothers Inc. Auctioneers is seeking a motivated person to fill the position of an auction setup staff and/or auction cataloging member within the company. We value our employees as much as we value our clients.
The primary task of this position is setting up and cataloging online and live auctions.
Essential Auction Staff Job Functions:
- Research personal property including value, authenticity, and provenance.
- Catalog consignments for auction utilizing industry standards with regards to terminology and proper cataloging format.
- Prepare condition reports of the consigned property prior to each auction.
- Setup and organize estates, auctions, items before they are cataloged.
- Occasional estate removal duties to procure, list, pack and move consignments.
- A strong interest in auctions, but is not required as we will train for this position.
- Excellent research skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Outlook, and Excel, as well as other simple computer programs.
- Ability to quickly learn company computer systems. (Cataloging Software)
- Ability to work independently within a team environment.
- Excellent time management skills required.
- Proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and descriptions of the items required.
- Ability to drive trucks, pull work trailers & work a forklift are definitely a plus for working this job.
- Ford Brothers Inc. Auction Center in Somerset, Ky warehouse environment.
- You will also be required to catalog at off-site locations.
- Work well under pressure of the catalog deadline.
- Hours may be extended as needed to meet catalog deadlines, preview and pickup times.
- Able to arrange and move furniture, tools, equipment and other personal property items.
- General hours: Monday --Friday 8:30 am-5:00/6:00 pm (depending on duties) and some Saturdays.
The candidate will also fill roles such as moving furniture, tent setup, moving estates, online auction pickups, cataloging auctions, auction previews, setting up live auctions and potentially working auctions on Saturday.
Participation in auctions may be necessary, you will need to be able to fill multiple roles as needed including customer service, bid spotting, loading of items, assisting with live telephone bids and learning Live Auction computer software.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Paid training
- 8-9 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Self-determined schedule
Please contact Tyler Mounce via email with a Resume at [email protected].
If you seek to be an Auctioneer with Ford Brothers Inc. Auctioneers, please also send a resume to Tyler Mounce. We love to hire new auctioneers, whether you have your license or are seeking a career in the Auction business, we would love to talk to you about that opportunity.